You know those days when you walk outside, and it’s so cold that you feel like screaming?
That’s how it feels today.
the window pane on the INSIDE of the gym this morning
I’ve been sipping on coffee…
Hot lemon water…
Steaming cups of Protein Oats with peanut flour and chopped apple….
And a crock pot full of chicken & vegetable soup to help get me through these frigid temperatures.
But the best cure for cold weather is making sure our blood is circulating, our muscles are warm, and keeping that heart rate up!
I’m feeling warmer already
Today is Monday, January 2,2012.
There are two ways that we could spend this day;
1. Wallow in the fact that we ate (and drank) an abundance of carbs, sugar and fat over the Holiday week
2. Keep the past in the past and start fresh today.
As for me, I’m choosing the latter, starting with a healthy meal and a quick, but intense workout.
I suggest you join me.
Chobani,Chia seeds, Kashi GoLean Original, frozen berries, cinnamon
I used my Tabata Timer on my IPhone, which is a lifesaver!
I split the 8 rounds in half for a killer upper/lower body routine, resetting the timer 4 times for a total of 16 minutes of intense work.
20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest: GO!
- First 4 rounds: Jump Squats
- Last 4 rounds: Push ups
- First 4 rounds: Alternating Jump Lunge
- Last 4 rounds: Plank Shoulder Taps
- First 4 rounds: High Knees
- Last 4 rounds: Mountain Climbers
- First 4 rounds: Stability Ball Rollout
- Last 4 rounds: Plank
Let’s finally make this year different.
- This is the year we stick to our guns.
- This is year we put ourselves first.
- This is the year to try new things
- This is the year we love and care for our body.