Dandelions (taraxacum officinale) have been around for centuries and used in everything from health remedy’s, to cooking additives, to cleansing drinks.
It’s packed with a high content of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, niacin, zinc, iron, lutein, and beta-carotene.
Who knew this little backyard weed inhabited so much good?
I did my research, and as a result, have been drinking Dandelion Root Tea for the past two weeks. And I am loving it.
mixed with the juice of 1/2 a lemon and 1 packet of Stevia in the Raw.
When I first started, I could definitely feel it’s detoxifying (flushing) capabilities. However, the more I drink it (up to 2 cups per day) my body has begun to adjust and I feel great.
Here are some of the amazing benefits that are found in this common flower, herb, and antioxidant power plant
- Acts as a blood purifier and organ cleanser, helping both the kidneys and liver remove any toxic congestion that has built up in our body over time.
- Removes bile from the Gallbladder
- Can be used to help wean oneself off of coffee.
- Aids in digestion, weight loss, and treats both constipation and diarrhea.
- Helps clear the skin of many common conditions such as acne and eczema.
- Controls cholesterol and blood sugar levels, making it a great choice for diabetics
- Has anti-inflammatory capabilities, perfect for those who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis.
- Reduces water retention in the body.
Just to name a few.
Before you add Dandelion to your diet, seek the opinion of your doctor. Those with gallbladder problems like gallstones should avoid this herb, as well as those currently taking any diuretic medications.
Always do your research and do what works for YOU!
Now I bet you’re wondering where the “Disco” part of this post comes into play.
Well…on a totally different topic, here is this weeks Spin Playlist that will take you back to the 70’s Disco Days!
We had a blast Spinning and sweating to these memorable hits, and you will too!