I switched up my Omega-3′s this morning and used ground flaxseed in my oats instead of chia seeds.
I loved the creamy texture that it created, and I may like this version better.
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup water
set in fridge overnight, and in the morning…
- add a splash of water and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup liquid egg whites and heat again for another 3 minutes or until eggs have cooked.
- Top with Blueberries.
So…I know it’s a cliché that I, a personal trainer, love rice cakes
They are the perfect base for a pre/post workout snack, and there are so many different ways to dress them up.
You’ve already seen my version with Chocolate Protein spread…
- 1 scoop chocolate sun warrior
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsps. water (or more depending on your thickness preference)
And as for today, I used
- 1/2 cup no salt added cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp. sugar free grape jam
- 1/4 sliced frozen banana
It’s satisfying, tastes great, and the texture combinations are out of this world.
Some other rice cake concoctions.
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Cottage Cheggs (hard boiled egg whites mixed with cottage cheese)
- Peanut butter and sliced apple with cinnamon
- Albacore Tuna mixed with avocado
- Greek yogurt and salsa
- Homemade chicken or tuna salad
- Hummus and sliced tomato with sprouts
- Tzatziki and canned wild Alaskan salmon.
- Mashed banana and almond butter with cinnamon
- Baba Ghanoush and sliced cucumber
The creations are endless and delicious.
I ate my rice cake after today’s workout, which was another 3.5 mile run around the lake, and ended with a new park bench workout that I put together in my head as I ran.
Go through the list 3x, 15 reps per exercise
- Step ups leading with right leg (Use the leg on the bench to lift your body off of the ground)
- Step ups leading with left leg
- Decline Push up with feet on bench
- AB Leg Lifts
- Tricep Dips