With all of the baking and taste testing going on this month, why not have fun while spending time in the kitchen?
Pair any amount of time left on your baking timer with your favorite power exercise, and fit in a quick workout while you bake!
I paired my last 12 minutes with double jump burpees, and ended up with a good sweat and a delicious batch oatmeal chocolate chip bars.
- 2 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup canola oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add and mix oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix your oil, eggs and vanilla extract
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and beat until the dough holds together (the dough may seem oily and crumbly. this is okay). Add 1 cup of dark chocolate chips.
- Push half of the batter into your greased pan. Add some extra chocolate chips on top. Place the remaining half of the dough over the first layer, and add more chocolate if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Do not over cook.
- Allow the bars to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
They taste really good served with Vanilla bean ice cream.
Find the time this holiday season to move more..wherever you are!
Eat, Enjoy, and Stay Healthy this holiday season.