I have a cough.
I can’t stop sneezing.
And the only cure for my sickness is currently cooking away in the crock pot.
Find out it is what at the end of this post
So..Hot & Sweet Mustard is back in my pantry, and I’ve been putting it on anything, and everything, that I can.
wild arugula, chopped sweet potato, kumato tomatoes and shredded chicken
But if you’re not a fan of mustard, or do not have a Trader Joe’s in your area, I also have another dressing that’s every peanut lovers dream.
2 tbsp. Peanut Flour + 1/3 of Water: Mix to desired consistency, and drizzle over your salad, stir fry, or even your Sunday morning pancakes.
spinach,baby carrots, broccoli and egg white scramble, topped with peanut flour dressing and a sprinkle of cinnamon for a hint of sweetness.
This dressing resembles the peanut sauce that you find at Japanese restaurants, which Matt and I went to this weekend to tackle our Sushi craving head on.
Salmon Maki and Tekka (tuna) Maki with brown rice and extra ginger
Luckily, Matt doesn’t like ginger, so I got it all to myself
(You can find peanut flour and other healthy items at @ iHerb. Use my promo code, VOZ131, to receive $10.00 off of your first purchase of $40 or more, or $5.00 off your purchase of less than $40!!)
OK, as promised, here is my crock pot recipe for Chicken and Cabbage Vegetable Soup
- 5 cups Low Sodium, Fat Free Chicken Broth, or Vegetable Broth. (I used vegetable) Add more broth, or water if needed
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 chopped carrots
- 1 cup peas ( I used frozen)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups purple (or green) cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 1-1.5lbs)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- shake of red pepper flakes
- Add all of the ingredients into a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 5-6 hours.
- Once the chicken appears cooked, remove it from the soup and let it cool slightly before shredding it with a fork.
- Add shredded chicken back to soup and heat for remaining time.
And while you wait for it to be ready, snack on this
Greek yogurt, honey crisp apple, ground flax and cinnamon.
Or try a slice of my Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
Dinner is looking good tonight.