Our body has a natural way of cleansing itself, and all we need to do is feed it the right nutrients to help it do its job.
Cleansing ( NOT FASTING ) supports our liver, kidneys, and metabolism, while reducing inflammation and ridding our body of toxins.
10 best cleansing and detoxifying foods.
1. Lemons: balances alkaline and acid levels / cleanses intestines.
-add fresh lemon juice to your water in the morning to flush out any toxins.
2. Dandelion Leaves: Supports our liver and kidney functions to filter out toxins
-drink daily in tea form, or purchase actual dandelion leaves and throw them into your morning smoothie, juice, or salad 2x a week.
3 Habanero Peppers: support metabolism (fat burner), increase circulation, cleanse our senses.
4. Filtered Water: SAFE, and flushes toxins from our body.Tap water is known to have antidepressants,antibiotics, shampoo, and plenty of other chemicals in it, so I don;t recommend drinking from your sink.
5. Ginger Root: aids in digestion and reduces inflammation
-add to salad, smoothies, chew on its own, or chop up and steep in a cup of warm water.
6. Green Tea: mild source of caffeine, non acidic, good for skin
7. Coconut oil: keeps blood thin, unlike other oils which cause blood to become “sticky”.
8. Raw Vegetables (esp. greens): detoxifies the body with vitamins,minerals, and enzymes.
9. Psyllium Husk: natural source of Fiber, cleanses intestines, aids in waste removal.
- add to protein shakes, pancakes, or smoothies with frozen fruit.
10. Be your own chef: wean out the bad and add the good.
-cook your own meals to ensure you are ingesting the best foods possible. Most restaurants use preservatives, vegetable oils, high amounts of sodium and other artery blocking additives that have no place in our body.
Start adding in these foods and cutting out the excess sugars and garbage from your day. Eat what benefits your body.
Last November I completely cut out coffee and dairy from my diet. I have also not had whey protein for almost a year due to feeling bloated and uncomfortable every time I had it.
I am not saying that everyone should do this, but after much trial and error, this is what I had found worked for me, and for many of my clients as well.
I have switched from coffee to green tea, coconut and almond milk, yogurt or ice cream in place of dairy, and Vegan protein has been my “go-to” for protein shakes.
In all honesty, my mind has never felt less cluttered, my focus has been ON, and my digestion has improved tremendously
I love the vanilla protein powder from Arbonne Essentials, and I recommend it to anyone looking to clean up their diet.
I use it as a replacement for a quick, but healthy meal on the go, or as the perfect post workout shake to keep me satisfied until dinner.
Not only is this powder packed with plant based proteins, vitamins and minerals, but it is low glycemic index, free of gluten, animal products or bi-products, artificial flavors, sweeteners or coloring, and is very easy on my stomach.
Basically everything that I look for in a protein powder.
Want to try it for yourself?
Leave a comment below to try a bag of delicious vanilla, or chocolate shake mix for a limited time special rate! You will feel satisfied, energized, and have better digestion, or your money back! (45 day money back/exchange)
And while we’re at it, why not cleanse other parts of your life as well?
lack of sleep
All of these negative stressors increase our cortisol and adrenaline levels, which cause extra weight gain, especially in our midsection. They also cause us to feel overwhelmed, unhappy, fatigued and extremely irritable.
Who has time for any of that?
A clean life is a happy life. Look better, feel better, be better. Period.