Yes, I’m still alive. I’ve just been busy working, living, and enjoying the colorful month of October.
And then creating Fall foliage inspired dishes
As previously mentioned, I have been adding more plant based protein into my diet, and so far it’s going really well.
nuts&seeds, nutritional yeast, beans, edamame, broccoli, kale, peanut flour, oats, quinoa, Sunwarrior protein powder…just to name a few lol
And as for my animal based proteins…
wild caught salmon
egg whites, peanut flour, rice cake. Try it.
And this delicious concoction
Italian Turkey Chili.
- 1lb 99% Lean Ground Turkey, browned in a skillet with black pepper before adding to crock pot
- 1 can white beans (I used cannellini)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1/2 red, 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1 bag frozen brown rice (I used steam fresh)
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- red pepper flakes
- minced garlic
- cayenne pepper
- dash of ground cinnamon
cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 4 hours.
I love when my meals look like a rainbow
The next time you make prepare a meal, make sure to add some color to your plate.
Color=Nutrient variety= Boatload of benefits!
What colors are you eating today?