When Matt suggested we make chicken stir fry for dinner, I knew that I had to stop by the grocery store to pick up the most important ingredient of all.
Coconut oil is made up of of 50% lauric acid, which offers an abundance of health benefits while adding a light, tropical flavor to cooking and baking.
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Helps prevent high blood pressure and cholesterol levels, thyroid issues, liver, kidney and gallbladder disease, as well as HIV and some Cancers.
- Controls blood sugar levels and the utilization of blood glucose, aiding in the prevention and treatment of Diabetes.
- Promotes weight loss by increasing metabolism and energy levels
- Helps in the absorption of nutrients in the foods we eat, keeping our bones and teeth strong and healthy
- Aids in digestion and other stomach related issues, including IBS
- Contains anti-fungal,antiviral and antibacterial properties that help strengthen the immune system and fight against infections such as the Flu, Hepatitis, UTI’s/Candida, Athletes foot and Ringworm.
It basically protects and boots our immune system the way breast milk would protect a newborn baby.
And it doesn’t stop there!
- Massaging onto scalp and into hair will help nourish and prevent damage, while eliminating dry scalp and dandruff.
- Massaging onto skin will help prevent dryness, flaking, eczema and psoriasis. It can also be used as an anti aging mechanism.
- Rub temples and body with oil for a relaxing, stress relieving massage.
- Use as make-up remover, chapstick, or nipple cream if breast feeding.
These are only some examples of the amazing benefits that Coconut Oil inhabits, so make sure to add a jar to your pantry ASAP.
Also, check out some of the other healthy coconut options such as coconut butter, coconut water, and coconut milk.
Your body will thank you.
For more information regarding the benefits of coconut oil: Click here.