Apple crisp, apple cobbler, apple pie..I love it all.
Scoop some vanilla ice cream on top with a dollop of whipped cream, and I am in heaven. The combination of warm apple and cold ice cream is amazing.
Organic Inside Out Apple Pie
- 7-8 medium sized organic apples, peeled, cored and sliced (I used 5 gala and 2 granny smith)
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 cup RAW rolled oats ( do not use packets )
- 1/3 cup all natural,organic butter, sliced at room temp
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Step 1: Peel, core and slice apples
Step 2: Mix apples, lemon juice,vanilla and a dash of cinnamon in bowl and pour into baking dish.
Step 3: Mix oats, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in butter and toss with hands
Step 4: Sprinkle mixture on top of apples and place into oven at 375 for 45 minutes or until topping looks golden and apples, tender.
It tastes and smells delicious.
The mixture cooled in the pan for about 5 minutes before I transferred it into a bowl with a cover. I find that this process really brings all of the flavors together, and saturates the apples in warm cinnamon goodness.
(Hint: For added protein, substitute vanilla ice cream for plain or vanilla greek yogurt!)